Wednesday 24 December 2014

Merry Christmas !

Just a quick entry to conclude the run-up to Christmas 2014 (I may get back before New Year if I can find five minutes) and to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. 

I have always loved this time of year; in fact I have never outgrown the wonder of the season or the magic of Christmas Eve when the air just feels so charged up (especially after dark) and so different to a normal day.  As children, Christmas was always a family time for us.  Even when the purse-strings were tight, we still managed to make the most of every second - making cards and gifts for one another, playing board games after dinner with the tree sparkling in the background.  When our two girls were young, that excitement - though never entirely absent - was reawakened and, now that we have grandchildren and great nephews, there it is again as strong as ever.

I finish at the Day Job at lunch time today and that is it until 5th January when I will be back.  It sounds like a long holiday but Steve and I are here, there and everywhere during that time, including a New Year break in Morecambe - but that's okay.  It's how we like it.

It has been a phenomenal year for me as a writer and poet and I am so pleased that the Young Writer group is doing so well after its shaky re-launch in March.  It has been a year of personal and professional growth for me.  I am very grateful and never stop counting my blessings.

So have a Good One each - enjoy the food, indulge yourself, have a good rest and wallow in the love of your family and friends because it is very precious - and if I don't get back before New Year - well - all the best for that as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment