Wednesday 30 July 2014

Late Night Writer ...

I have been lucky enough to have two poems accepted in the last couple of weeks.  Just as well really because I seem to be writing more and more of them, lately.  In fact I may even load another batch onto Wattpad if I am not too tired when I have finished this.  If I am too tired well - it will have to wait till tomorrow.  The way I look at it is that I have had two articles published this year and two poems accepted, so I am getting there.  Kind of.  And tonight - fanfare and drum roll - I actually did send My Writer to David at Publish Nation - a couple of days later than planned but done now.  Now I ride the uncharted waters of self-publishing.  I am an Indie author.  You know that movie "You Got Mail" starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan?  When Tom's character first suggests to his online confidente that perhaps they should meet, we see him write the message on his lap top then his finger hovers over the send button for a few moments before he actually clicks it.  Well that was me five minutes ago with My Writer all loaded onto an email and my finger hovering over the send button.  Then I shrugged and just sent it!  It is in the lap of the gods now!

One of the things I really adore about all this tech stuff is that manuscripts can be sent in this way without all the hassle of packaging them up, getting them weighed, dithering over whether to send by recorded delivery or not, buying huge chunks of stamps ( not forgetting one for the acknowledgement postcard and some for the return should it be rejected, God forbid), pushing it into the letter box - and then just waiting. And waiting.  And waiting. I mean you knew it would be at least three days before it even arrived.   Then it would likely as not sit in the slush-pile for weeks.  With email - bam - it's gone!  Whatever would our forebears have made of that, I wonder?

I had this title come to me the other day.  It keeps coming back to haunt me.  The title is Three Times Thirty Fishes.  There I bet that's got you intrigued.  Well believe it or not no matter how intrigued you are, I am ten times more so.  What does it mean?  I have no idea.  I only know it keeps coming back to me over and over again.  I suppose the rest of its story will come to me in time but if you have any ideas feel free to tweet and let me know.  Because damned if I know!

And - at 23.03, I ...yawn ... think it's bedtime o'clock.  Wattpad - see you tomorrow ...


No comments:

Post a Comment