Tuesday 15 April 2014

Done & Dusted ...

Got the other article done over the weekend and by Sunday evening, both had been emailed to the editor.  By 8.30 Monday morning, both had been accepted - so not a bad start to the week!  The first one will go live in a couple of weeks and the second will follow about a month after that.  Hoping to be able to come up with some more now - I have been bitten by the being-published bug!  As soon as they are up, I will provide a link so you can take a look.  So pleased!

Guess everyone has by now heard that we lost Sue Townsend last Thursday?  I was absolutely gutted and felt as if I'd lost a personal friend.  I loved the Adrian Mole books from Day One and I still read them, in sequence, at least once a year.  Reading her work as regularly as that, I came to regard her as something of a Creative Writing guru.  I loved The Queen and I as well, but had to abandon The Woman Who Went To Bed For A Year after it made me cry - although I may give it another go one day.  I never had the pleasure of meeting Sue but I will always have a bit of a soft spot for her and I think she will be sorely missed. RIP Sue Townsend.


Lots going on in my great big beautiful Writing World.  The Young Writer group is going well and I am bursting with new ideas, new poems, new opportunities.  I am seeing new possibilities at every turn and just wish I had the time to really get my teeth into it all (even as I write this I am sitting at my desk, overlooking the darkened garden, yawning my head off) instead of having to content myself with the odd little nibble whenever I get the chance.   Never mind.  I will always sacrifice time for Writing because it is the only thing that really keeps me sane!

Good writing, all!


No comments:

Post a Comment