Monday 8 July 2013

Back Back Back - Back From The Emerald Isle ...

Took The Epic on holiday.  Is this good or bad?  My husband insisted.  I told him - with dogged determination - that I was going to leave it behind.  But he protested with "And supposing you get a flash of inspiration whilst we're away...?"  So into the travel bag it went.  And out it came during the course of our lovely two weeks in gorgeous Ireland.  Three times!  It is now at around 15,000 words - and still growing.  And on top of that I kept a fairly detailed Holiday Journal, too.  So even while I was on holiday, I was writing writing writing.

Was hoping to be in the local park with the Young Writers this weekend - but there is something else going on, a local festival or something, so it is likely I'd only have three turn up.  So it will be the following Sunday (21st July) now, all being well.  Between now and then I have to finish composing the parents' questionnaire, getting the Big Young Writers Short Story Competition finalised, catching up with all the Young Writer admin, coaching  Writer To Be (which starts next Wednesday), proof-reading a poem that has been accepted for publication in an anthology, sorting out where I go next with The Book, trying to find a solution to a Publishing Situation That I Can't Speak About Just Yet and adding to The Epic.  Oh yes - and The Article should be out mid August.  And I still have a full time job to fit in as well.  But you know what?  I wouldn't have it any other way.

Quick question to finish on.  Shall I join Facebook?  I know you won't answer - a writer respects the space required by her Readers.  But I just thought I'd ask....

No comments:

Post a Comment